ASSD Jobs: Software Consultant & Engineer
ASSD Munich is looking for a Software Consultant & Engineer
The ASSD software house (www.assd.com) is an entrepreneurial company which is headquartered in Munich, Germany. Three more offices are located in Oldenburg (Germany), Sofia (Bulgaria) and San Francisco (California, USA). ASSD offers a wide range of hospitality focused products which provide all core functionality that hostels and hotels require to smoothly and successfully operate their businesses. ASSD constantly observes the market and focuses on the needs of hostels, hotels and budget accommodation. This has led to constant growth of the ASSD Property Management Software over the last 20 years. In combination with the ASSD Web Booking Engine and the ASSD Channel Manager, the ASSD PMS is the most comprehensive and reliable solution on the market today.
We are currently seeking an ASSD Software Consultant & Software Engineer to join our dynamic global team in our headquarters in Munich (full- and part-time).
We are looking for an energetic and talented individual who can handle a job which demands a diverse skill set and brings new and different challenges each day. This position is a mix of Consulting, Customer Relations and Programming. Fluency in english and german is a basic precondition.
- Visit customers for onsite installations of ASSD products, setup, training, and consulting.
- Supporting our customers via telephone, email and chat.
- Customize and configure ASSD systems to our customers’ specific needs.
- Repairing customer databases and resolving technical issues.
- Assisting the international development team with any programming task.
- Supporting web page integration of ASSD tools.
- Develop individual interfaces to 3rd party software (e.g. accounting systems, hotel key card systems, etc.).
- Programming individual business reports for our customers.
- Make professional product presentations to potential customers.
Who we are seeking
We are seeking someone who would enjoy and thrive in a work environment which is anything but mundane. This individual must love to travel, build relationships with our customers, and do so while having the professional and technical skills to meet their needs. This position demands someone who is a fast learner, creative problem solver and can deal with a variable schedule.
- A four year degree in computer science or the equivalent in professional experience.
- Computer hardware and software skills required: - Programming expertise (e.g. PHP, MySQL, Java script, Visual Fox Pro). - Expertise in SQL/relational database (e.g. MySQL). - Web development expertise (e.g. HTML, CSS). - Microsoft Office 2003-2010. QuickBooks, Win XP- Win 7. - Knowledge of computer networks. Experience in Windows Server 2003 – 2008 a plus.
- Highly analytical individual with a sharp mind and quick understanding.
- Absolute precision and reliability regarding both time management and quality of work.
- Self motivated and proactive. Must be able to perform while unsupervised.
- Excellent social and communication skills (phone, email, and face-to-face) in german and english.
- Always conduct oneself and represent ASSD in a professional manner.
- General business knowledge (e.g. accounting, resource planning).
- Hostel or Hotel experience a plus!
What does ASSD offer
We offer an exciting and challenging position in a multicultural and international environment. We are committed to providing a stable, stimulating and enjoyable work environment which provides learning opportunities and a unique opportunity for personal development. This is a Full- or Part-Time position.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to Andreas Stolz . Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us before submitting your application: 089/4448936-6.